- This week, I’ll be writing about Chapter 6 of Longing to Pray. We’re at the halfway point of our book study. Looks like it is currently available on Kindle for $12.99 if you’re interested in following along with us. Comments are open on every post.
- Check the New Castle UMC website for sermons and audio devotions, as we continue social distancing. We are so blessed to have this tech connection to our local church! Thanks very much, Cory!
- Speaking of online church, Christianity Today compiled a few bloopers from Facebook live services. Cory, you’re doing great!!
- Last but not least… missions, outreach, and everyday expenses don’t stop for COVID-19. Donations to NCUMC may be mailed to P.O. Box 194, New Castle KY 40050.
First, a couple of sites focused on practical things:
- Get up-to-date, accurate information on COVID-19 (including when to seek medical care and where) at kycovid19.ky.gov. If you’re not already watching the Governor every day at 5:00, I highly recommend you start. (KET shows the entire broadcast without interruption.) Excellent information. Calming 60 minutes. It’s a win-win.
- All this hand washing and disinfecting made me think about my cellphone and all the places it “lands” every day. Click HERE for instructions from Apple Support on the best way to clean your iphone (information is organized by type of iphone you have). Got an android phone? Click HERE.
And a few other links I found interesting, and thought you might too:
- Pope Francis delivered the Urbi et Orbi (To the City and to the World) blessing on the steps of St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. Last June, Greg and I stood on those same steps, along with thousands of people. It was sobering and surreal to see the Basilica empty as Italy battles the coronavirus, but I found the Pope’s words comforting. The link provides the text of his sermon, as well as a video of the entire service (about one hour) that ends with Adoration and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.
- The Bible Project has released a new video on Sabbath observance. The authors explore the significance of the number “7” in ancient times, the theme of seventh day rest, and the biblical concept of Sabbath. They also look at why Jesus adopted this idea as a major part of his own mission to bring God’s Kingdom to earth.
- A new podcast has been launched by Christianity Today: Prayer Amid Pandemic. Twice a week, they will provide stories of Christian individuals and communities whose lives and faith were shaped by sickness. They will also provide updates on the latest coronavirus headlines and then pray together, led by Christians around the world.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. (2 Cor. 13:14)